Yesterday morning I woke up in not-the-best-mood (the day got better thankfully), but as I was lying in bed contemplating getting up, God spoke to me…Hebrews 2:4. Now, I will admit, I don’t know ALL of the bible as well as I should. I’m working on that though. So, I had no idea what I would find in this verse. I went through the day yesterday and never looked it up. Then this morning, there it was in my head again…Hebrews 2:4. I went through my morning routine and as I did, I thought about how I want so badly to find where I need to be in my life, in a career that satisfies me and allows me to be creative and fulfill the talents God has given me. (And not be anxious about anything in the meantime). I kept thinking of the verse, so I sat down before work and opened my bible to look it up.
Honestly I was a bit confused by what I read and didn’t understand what it had to do with me in this particular moment. But on the next page was a section for suggested verses to accompany that one….
Hebrews 11:1…. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. As I read through the first chapter of Hebrews, I noticed that almost every verse starts with the words by faith:
- By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.
- By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.
- By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to the place which he would receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going.
- By faith Sarah herself also received strength to conceive and she bore a child.
- By faith Moses, when he was born, was hidden three months by his parents, because they saw he was a beautiful child; and they were not afraid of the king’s command.
- By faith the walls of Jericho fell down after they were encircled for seven days.
So the verse I was given was not really what I was intended to see. God wanted me to dig a little deeper and in doing so, He reminded me today that my faith in Him will get me through. Faith is not an easy thing to achieve. We can say we have faith and we can talk about it but it takes an amazing will to truly HAVE faith. It means we trust God to the extreme. No doubts. None. Nada. Zilch. We must fully believe that He is working in our favor, behind the scenes, arranging things to work out as He intends and for the best. See it in your mind. Picture what you want and have a little FAITH….I am giving it my best shot today : )